Sunday 1 February 2015

Bold Street Coffee (Liverpool)


Similarly to North Tea Power, Ally and I went to Bold Street Coffee after reading some reviews of the best coffee in Liverpool - where it was consistently mentioned. Upon arrival, given the presentation of the shop, we were expecting great coffee! They had aeropress equipment set up and a (relatively) extensive filter menu. They even had this poster (see below) describing all the elements that makes BSC a great producer of coffee.


The beans were weighed to ensure maximum consistency, and the coffee was presented with a very appealing fern. Unfortunately the coffee didn't taste quite right.. which may have been my personal taste in the beans that were used. It was clearly made to the description on the above poster, it was noticeably lower in temperature (deliberate) than other coffees I've had, but there was something slightly off with the taste.. and I can't put my finger on what it was! I believe it was a relatively dark roast, but with some subtlety that I can't identify.

Overall I'd give this coffee a 3.75/5 - I really wanted to give it a great rating, but just couldn't! I'm sure if any of you tried it, you may well disagree with me. Oh well!





No comments:

Post a Comment