Friday 13 February 2015

Spring Espresso (York)


On the coach to York, we came across Spring Espresso in a pamphlet:


Clearly, from this, we were expecting an outstanding latte - it has already been voted the "best latte in the UK"!!!!. The inside of the shop looked very professional - as did the (extensive) poster right next the the counter achieving nothing but increasing our already high expectation.



I can't remember feeling so disappointed. Even from looking at the coffee, you could tell the milk was ruined. I went for a sip and burnt the entirety of my mouth, almost forcing me to drop the cup! The milk was burnt and the coffee was almost completely lost as a result. The barrister that made it must have been new, because there is no way a coffee like this won so many awards..

There's no more to say unfortunately.. I'd have to give this coffee a very poor 2/5. I would be willing to try it again because of the reputation, but I was so disappointed :(







No comments:

Post a Comment